Friday, March 21, 2008

It's All Greek To Me

We finally got to try our Greek food. We got it from Daphne's Greek Cafe. We got Falafel (a deep fried veggie patty), Tzatziki, (a Greek yogurt and cucumber sauce), pita bread, rice, a Greek salad, Gyros,(sort of like a meatloaf, made of beef and lamb, roasted on a spit and sliced really thin) spanakopita, (filo dough filled with spinach and cheese), a fire roasted pepper feta cheese spread, hummus, and bakalava (a pastry with nuts and cinnamon). We liked most of it. The Falafel was okay. We give it a 3 out of 5. The Tzatziki gets a 3 also. The pita bread got a 5, as did the rice and the salad. The Gyros got a 4. I was the only one who liked the spanakopita. The feta spread was too spicy and no one wanted any hummus. The bakalava got a 3 too. It certainly was different.

We will have ham for Easter. I already know I like that.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a lot of different foods. I gotta tell ya I do not think I will be trying any Hummus any time soon. The word it self is just so hummus....it doesn't sound good.
    bakalava I have had it it is not bad, a flakey dough with nuts and honey. Pretty good with a cup of tea.
    I guess you will enjoy your ham dinner today. And BIRTHDAY CAKE..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hope everyone had a good Easter. I ate ham and taters it was good. We just got back from Pala, we had a good time, Grandpa cleaned up on the slots he was winning on every one he played. Hank and Judy joined us and had lunch at the buffet and hung out for a little while, it was nice to see them.
    They are doing a lot of remodeling at Pala making the buffet bigger, updating the deli and coffee shop and adding more slots. It is going to take a while but I am sure it will be nice when they are done.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.