Saturday, April 05, 2008

Flowers Of Spring



Today Carolynn and I went on an adventure to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. We had a fabulous time. We visited all the different stuff. Carolynn got a map and she got to stamp it at each spot. My favorite part was the rose garden. It was a little early for most roses but there were a bunch of pretty ones. Carolynn went into a sweet pea maze. She got lost and I had to go in and rescue her. At the end of her stamp thing she got to pan for gold in a mining trough. She got some neat polished rocks. We ate some kettle corn. It was yummy. I had some at NASCAR with my Grandpa and I liked it, so Carolynn and I split a bag. We took a tractor ride around the flower field after we walked all around. Then on the way out we got a bunch of flowers to take home.

Today was Red Hat Ladies Day at the flower fields. There were women in cool red hats everywhere. I want to be a red hat lady. I looked it up on the internet. It is just a group for women to hang out and have fun. That sounds good to me. However, to wear the red hats you have to be 50 years old or older. I would be a junior, and wear a pink hat. It might be a fun and interesting way to meet new people when I move somewhere new. My mom should totally be a red hat. I am sure they have chapters in her area. Check out their website.

Near the flower fields there are huge strawberry fields. You can go there and pick your own. Carolynn and I bought a box pre-picked to go. The strawberries are huge. We made strawberry shortcake tonight.

I made a fabulous video of our adventure; however, Carolynn already called it for her website. I will have to say it is one of my best works. However, you will have to check out Carolynn’s page to see it.

1 comment:

  1. The rose is very pretty, it looked like a fun place. I bet you got to see lots of different flowers. I will check out the red hat lady web site. They do look like a fun group

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.