Saturday, April 05, 2008

Saturday Morning Cartoons…

… just aren’t what they used to be. When I was little, all the best cartoons came on Saturday morning. It was a reason to get up extra early, sneak into the livingroom, and watch cartoons while eating all the Crunchberries out of a box of Cap’N Crunch. This morning I awoke to the sound of my neighbors fighting and slamming doors. Woo.

Last night I did not do any of the things I said I was going to. Due to unfortunate circumstances I do not wish to discuss, I became queasy and achy and no longer felt like cooking chicken fried steak or going to the grocery store. David saved the day with pizza. Then a hot bath and a cup of tea later I was fine again.

Today I plan to take Carolynn to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. It is kind of a gloomy day for flowers, but it will have to do. Then I plan on going to the grocery store and making chicken fried steak for dinner… provided I do not get hurt again. I do not want to talk about it.

3 comments:

  1. So did you see the Red Hat ladies at the Flower Fields? I checked out their web site and it looked pretty cool. Grandpa and I planted some flowers today in the front yard.
    I hope you have a better day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep we saw many, red hats. Feathery ones, sparkly ones, tall ones, small ones... It was cool. So many ladies all dressed in red and purple with their hats. Carolynn already called dibs on making a video of it. Try back later for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I should be a Red Hat lady they seem to have so much fun. I have seen them at Santa Anita a few times all in thier red hats. They really go all out on the hats, don't they?

    Sarah is in South Carolina and she said they are having tornado warnings. They had lighting last night and thunder she said it was scarry.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.