Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone has a fabulous three day weekend.

I am still here and still alive and still leaching the neighbors internet. I usually get good reception in the bedroom, in the morning, and on Carolynn's computer. Tomorrow they will be giving me my own hook up which will be good. Then we can get on with some pictures and junk. Tuesday they are hooking up the phone. I know, who uses a landline right? It just comes with the cable, it probably won't get much use. It was the same at our last place. Wednesday they will be delivering our new refrigerator, which was so thoughtfully purchased for us by my Grandpa. Thank you Grandpa! You rock. For now we are keeping our food in an ice chest which has been thoughtfully filled with ice by my mom, my sister, and my brother. On Sunday, my mom's friend Karen will be bringing us a new couch and loveseat. That is so sweet of her. We had no where to sit. Karen also rocks!

I have noticed in the few short days I have been here, that people are a bit more friendly here in a small town. People chat me up in the Stater Bros. and at the gas station. People I don't even know are bringing me a place to sit. Nicole, the very nice rental agent, went above and beyond to get us this house after the other one fell through. I can't imagine anyone in San Diego doing that stuff.

Today the girls and I are going over to my mom's house for a little holiday barbecue. Sounds yummy. I believe David will be enjoying a Rambo marathon or something. I always wonder what he does when the girls and I go somewhere. I imagine he eats peanut butter and jelly and watches man movies or plays video games or something. Who knows? Catherine says he probably walks around in his boxers and pees with the door open.

Speaking of David, he already made a friend here. He went out yesterday on a job hunt and has some great possibilities. I bet he has a new job in a week. I had an interview yesterday. It went well, so maybe I will here from them again. I never heard back from the guy with the warehouse I interviewed with a couple of weeks ago. I have emailed him a few times and Jo Anna says he called her for a reference.

Well, that's the update for now. David and me and the girls are doing fine in our new house. We like our house. It's been hot outside so we haven't been in the yard much. The yard needs some work. The inside is almost all unpacked. The dishwasher and the water heater aren't working but they will fix those soon enough. So, until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're settling in and making friends! I'm sure a job is just around the corner, too. =) Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the house is getting to look like home. It was nice of Karen to offer the couch and love seat she really does Rock. Grandpa wanted to help with the frig, it is not a huge one but it will keep your milk cold and your ice cream frozen. Grandpa rocks too.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eve! I hope you had a nice holiday too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.