Saturday, July 05, 2008

Home Again

I have been exhausted. Moving is hard work. We have a house and we like it. That is the best part. Here is a picture of our house.


I know the yard needs some help, but we will work on it. We do not exactly live in the main part of town. In fact, here is a picture taken in my front yard looking across the street.


Last night we had a very clear view of the town fireworks show. From the yard, we could also see a few others from around the area. It was cool.

Soon I will have to create a video of our new home. The inside is coming along. As I mentioned before, my Grandpa bought us a new refrigerator that will be here on Wednesday. Today he took Carolynn out and bought her a new bed. He really needs to stop spending his money on us. He needs it for his stuff. However, it made him really happy to make Carolynn really happy and he is old and difficult to argue with. So what can I do? Nothing. They already delivered the bed. My mom bought her new bedding and posters and a little desk for her laptop. I will let her tell about it on her website though.

Tomorrow, my mom’s friend Karen and her husband Rex will be bringing us a new couch and loveseat. Our little house is shaping up very nicely. Thanks to all the help from our family and friends.

Today my mom took Catherine to the Home Depot to their children’s workshop where she built a birdhouse. She got a birdhouse kit for Carolynn and one for Allison too. They do projects once a month and she is excited to go back. She collected a birdhouse pin for being there this time, and is ready to see what kind of pin you get next time. Next week they are having a similar workshop at the Lowe’s near our house. While they were at the Home Depot, my mom and Catherine had spare keys made for me. Carolynn’s new key lights up, Catherine’s new key has Mickey Mouse, David’s new key has the St. Louis Rams, and mine looks like an American flag. They are very cool. She tried to find a Dallas Cowboys one for David, but the Rams was all they had. He likes it. It’s a manly key.

After she took Catherine to the workshop, my mom took Carolynn to go to lunch with my Grandpa and my dad. (Where apparently Grandpa announced he would be purchasing Carolynn a bed.) They went to a place called Mama Carpino’s. I do not know where it is, but they have some good food. Carolynn went on and on about how good the spaghetti was. She ate a lot of it I understand. My mom brought back some chicken fettuccine and a half of a chicken Parmesan sandwich. I ate the pasta and it was very delicious. David ate the sandwich and said that as soon as we get out of the red and back in black, we should go eat there.

All the boxes are unpacked, but there is still a lot to put away. We will still be working hard for a week or so before we are all finished. In the mean time, I have a job to get.

6 comments:

  1. Mama Carpinos is right on highway 18 not too far from you. They have good spagehetti and they have great sandwiches but you have to get the sandwiches before 5pm. If you went to bar lumber and threw a rock you would hit Mama Carpinos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty close. I didn't realize there was much at this end of this town. The food was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep they have good food but they give me way to much....not a problem for Carolynn however she can put away the spaghetti. My dad and I go to Dinapolis because they have ala cart and half orders. We also like garlic bread. At Mamas they give you rolls baked with rosemary and then olive oil and wine vinagar to dip your bread, or you can just use plain olive oil. They are remodeling and it is going to be really nice when they get it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're settling in well. I like the looks of your house. And your view is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a wonderful view you have at your new home.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.