I actually wrote this one early in the week so I would have it ready. Then I forgot so here I am late. Oh well, better late than never.
Thirteen Things I Remember About The 2008 Summer Olympic Games
1. Michael Phelps’ 8 Gold Medals
2. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh winning the second consecutive gold medal in woman’s beach volleyball.
3. Nastia Liukin winning the all around gold medal in women’s gymnastics and Shawn Johnson grabbing silver.
4. Shawn Johnson winning the gold on the balance beam.
5. The unfair way Nastia Liukin got the silver on the uneven bars. That was ridiculous.
6. The Visa commercials with the voice overs by Morgan Freeman.
7. Just how old were those Chinese gymnasts?
8. Usain Bolt of Jamaica breaks Michael Johnson’s world record in the mens 200 meter.
9. US Women’s sabre (fencing) sweep the medals in their sport to win the USA’s first gold, silver, and bronze of the games.
10. The opening ceremonies. Those costumes were so cool and the show was fabulous.
11. The US Woman’s softball team losing the gold to Japan.
12. The USA Men’s basketball winning the gold.
13. The closing ceremonies were cool too.
Now just four more years until we do it again in London. Woo Hoo!