Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another New Week Begins

Today I got a few things done. My mom took the girls mini golfing. I went over to the PetSmart to get stuff for the turtle. I mentioned yesterday that filter in the turtle tank stopped working. It turned out that I was wrong about the heater too. When I got up this morning, Little Dude’s water was in the 60’s. He needs it to be around 78 to 80 all the time. I swear, if it isn’t one thing, it’s another… The car battery, the toaster, the turtle tank…

Anyway, I got the heater and the filter for about $50. I guess it could have been worse. I could have needed a whole new tank or Little Dude could have died. That would have really sucked. Carolynn would have been heart broken. Anyway, I got him taken care of. When I was there, the PetSmart was having some kind of pre-holiday extravaganza. I ended up getting a bunch of extra stuff. Gibby got a new shirt. It says "Give Me A Present Or I’ll Pee On Your Tree". I got some dog treats, cat food, and dog food. There were a lot of people in there. Gibby got a lot of attention.

After I went to PetSmart, I came home and cleaned the turtle tank out, refilled it and put his new stuff in. He seems like a happy camper now, but it is hard to tell with a turtle. Once I finished cleaning the tank, I was in a cleaning mode. David was cleaning the kitchen and I finished the turtle tank, so I just kept going. I went out and cleaned the porch. I bleached out the dog water jug and refilled it. Then I went to the Wal-Mart for some cleaning supplies. I got some Pine-Sol, Windex, Fabreeze, and some sponges. Then after I came back, David left for his job at McDonald’s so I was all alone. That never happens. I scrubbed the kitchen floor, cleaned up the laundry room, and cleaned the fridge out.

I got side tracked with my Facebook page. I am not a huge fan of Facebook, but I like it better than MySpace. Someone had sent me some message and then I got on there to see it. However, I could not figure it out. It said someone has passed you a drink… I did not get it. Then I added some pictures on there. My Aunt Carol left me a comment when I was on there, then I left her one. I never actually met her, but everyone says she is nice and I would have to agree.

Tomorrow is Monday. Maybe it will be “Jennifer’s Got A New Job Day”. In addition, I might find out when it will be my turn to be the bell ringer for Salvation Army. It should be fun and it will be doing something good for the community. I also am going to try to do some volunteering at some nursing homes. I think the old folks will be very appreciative.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very productive day. I hope today brings you the new job you've been hoping for. With all your talk about the bell-ringers you have inspired me to remember to have change in hand so I can drop something in the bucket. I'd volunteer to be a ringer if I could (health issues, ugh!) As a family we are trying to do something nice for another family this year. I'll probably blog about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a very productive sunday! not so much here. i have a mound of laundry that needs to be done and a kitchen that needs cleaned. maybe i will do some of those things today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of friends that want me to do facebook. I just don't want more. I have enough problems doing this blog stuff. I just don't have time for so much on the computer. I wish I would get into the cleaning mood. It gets dark so early right now. It's 10 to 5 and it's getting dark. When I get home from work it is dark and I just want to go to bed!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.