Friday, November 21, 2008

No Place Like Home


I got this meme from Forgetfulone. She didn't tag me for it, so I STOLE it. HAHAHAHA!

The following is a little TAG that allows your Bloggy neighbors to get to know a little information about the town or city you live in. State the name and then Post 10 facts or observations about the town you call home. Then tag 4 people.

I did a Thursday Thirteen like this once, click here to see it.

1. Apple Valley is located in the Mojave Desert.
2. The main highway is called the "Happy Trails Highway".
3. Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans lived in Apple Valley.
4. Joshua Trees are native here.
5. There are actual, honest to God tumbleweeds here. They crack David up.
6. I see coyotes weekly.
7. There is one Wal-Mart and two Targets in Apple Valley. I like Target better anyway.
8. Apple Valley has two Lowe's and one Home Depot. That is a lot of home improvement for such a small town.
9. Cuba Gooding Jr. went to Apple Valley High School. So did I, but not at the same time.
10. There is a Wal-Mart distribution center in Apple Valley. I can see it from my house. It is about 4 miles away, but there is very little between me and it.

Okay, now I tag four people...

I tag Sarah. She can tell us about where she lives in Hawaii.
I tag Nikki and Ash... one of you or both of you if you want. You live in the same town. But maybe you have different "home towns". It doesn't exactly go with Ash's pet theme, but it's her blog so...
I tag Pam from 30Something. She mentioned she needed things to write.
I tag Heather from One Beaudet At A Time. That way she has something to post.

4 comments:

  1. it was hard to come up with random facts about kenosha. i almost put....a helicopter recently fell from the sky and crashed through a home and amazingly the family made it out alive but i thought that was kinda morbid. i wonder what you would have put if you had done it about kenosha. i still need to drive by "your" house here and take a picture for you. im not sure if i want to see if that neighborhood got taken over by the scary that surrounded it when you lived there. wonder if that amish or whatever family still lives down the block. maybe i will do a driveby tomorrow and check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow that was a long comment with nothing of real importance in it! you still need to email me your addy purdy please

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were Mennonites. Sorry that that neighborhood went south. I miss my little house. But that is it. If I had done ten things about Kenosha... They would have all said WISCONSIN BLOWS CHUNKS!

    Also, I emailed you the address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this (I've been out of town and not able to read blogs)...I'll get this meme up soon. =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.