Monday, December 15, 2008

The Big House

Today I went to the prison for a drug test and a physical. I was there for five hours. FIVE! Oh well. It was fine. The health services are in the main building, which houses the maximum-security federal penitentiary. I had to be checked, re-checked and checked again. I had to go through a bunch of big metal doors. There were really prisoners in there. They were cleaning the floor. Oh well, I peed in a cup and was checked out. I was given a letter on conditional employment. As soon as they get my test results and my background check, I can expect my real offer. I would being training on January 5.

Tomorrow I was scheduled to take a test for the county tomorrow, but I think I will skip it. I like the sound of that. I already have a job.

Wednesday I am taking my Grandpa to Palm Springs. I did not realize that Wednesday night was also Carolynn’s band concert. Luckily, my mom is going to fill in for me. She can take the pictures and listen to the Jingle Bells. It is more important right now to take Grandpa. I can hear Carolynn play any time. It will be fine if this one time I sent in a substitute. Once I am working, it is liable to happen more often. When I was working last year, missed several cross-country meets. I try to go to as many things as possible. I always tried to send in a substitute though so at least someone was there.

Today was very cold and rainy. It was snowing in places close by. It might snow here tonight. David rang the bell for the Salvation Army for 6 hours. Good thing he got that new sweatshirt. He was still cold though.

3 comments:

  1. Grandpa is looking forward to your adventure to Palm springs. I am sure you will eat Tacos at least once while you are there. They have a cool coffee shop to bad you will miss tini tuesday....I am looking forward to Carolynns concert I will take many pictures of her and her saxaphone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! It must feel great to say "I have a job". I bet you can't stop smiling.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.