Saturday, January 03, 2009

Would You Like Fries With That?

Last night, the McDonald’s that David works at was out of French Fries. People were yelling at him all night. They were also out of salads, parfaits, barbecue sauce and buffalo sauce. That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. How can McDonald’s be out of fries? This is not the first time that David has been working there and they were out of something. They are frequently out of ice cream and shakes. One day they were all out of regular hamburger patties. Another day they were all out of buns. At one point, they only had small cups. People are always calling in sick or just plain not showing up. Then they are understaffed and slow. Throw in the out of fries… and there are many angry customers. I don’t think $8.00 is enough to take that kind of abuse. David is still actively looking for a different job. New things are opening up soon; Sonic, Jack In The Box, a movie theater, Red Robin, Buffalo Wild Wings. Maybe he can get in on that. The Mervyn’s went out of business, but they will be opening Kohl’s there before too long.

There was not much excitement here today. We took our cans and bottle to the recycling center. We went to the bank to get the check for the rent. (I told you I would work it out.) We took down our Christmas decorations. The garage door is fixed again, so we cleaned out the garage and I put my car back in there. Later we will have chicken fried steak for dinner. I know, we are so wild party animals.

6 comments:

  1. McD's out of fries! What the hell?!?! I very rarely get McD's, but when I do I want fries with my meal!

    I wish him luck on the job hunt. It isn't easy out there, but I am sure the right one will come along.

    Sounds like you are making some progress with the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. They were out of fries all day today too. ON SATURDAY! I am not a huge McDonald's fan either, but when I go in I want my fries and nuggets. They were out of nuggets too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have good fries....I do not care for nuggets, sounds like they need new management

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have had several new managers over the last few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very busy McD's they will lose money if they do not have what people order all the time like fries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is true. I hope they get it under control soon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.