Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End Of A Year

For those of you interested, I am skipping Wordless Wednesday today. I’ll make a come back next week.

I was going to give you an in depth analysis of my year gone by. I was going to give you my new resolutions. I was going to fill you with the promise of hope for a new year. Instead, I am going to give you a bit of a rant first.

I began my day in a happy little mood. In just a matter of days, I will be off to work. 2009 is almost here and all it can bring is happiness. I was expecting a check in the mail today and I planned to go to the bank this afternoon, drop off the rent check, and buy a few snacks for our celebration. I cleaned the house, read some more of my book, watched some TV and added more to my iPod. I joined the Modern Mom Challenge, I listened to the President-Elect’s Podcast, and I baked my Grandpa some Snowball Cookies.

Anyways, my mail brought me to the bank. I went to the window to deposit the goods. I then wanted to get a bank check for $995. Please note, I just deposited around $1300. I don’t see a problem with that. Part of that money came from a government funded check, but the bulk of it came from the check my ex-husband sent. He sends the same check, for the same amount at the same time every month. I have never had a problem. Today, problem city.

I bank with Wamu. Well, I used to, now I bank with J.P. Morgan Chase. I didn’t think it was a big deal. Everything pretty much works the same. Apparently, they experienced quite a few losses though recently. And much like the Chrysler people, they decided to take it out on it’s customers. They informed me that there would be a 7 day hold on the personal check. I said that was ridiculous. I have been getting that same check for over 2 years with no problem. They told me it was the new Chase system that was being more strict. There was nothing I could do. I spoke with several people. They were all just as helpful. Carolynn was with me and getting impatient. Whatever. Perhaps I need a new bank. I have been thinking about switching to Bank of America.

Usually, this is just an inconvenience. Right now, it is a problem. Without this extra money, I am just about $200 short of the rent. I had some in there already that I was holding for bills. Of course, there was no hold on my other deposit. Nevertheless, the rent is due by Monday at 4 PM. The check will be released on Tuesday evening.

The old, 2008 me, would have cried and lamented. That me would have fallen apart. The new me, henceforth known as Officer Jennifer, spoke calmly to everyone I could. I came home and called several people at the bank. I got nowhere. However, I am still calm. I will figure something out. I am a survivor. I am an officer of the law. I am tough.

That is the point of this story. 2009 brings a new and improved me. This new me comes complete with a new career and a new outlook. The new me promises to be more positive. The new me plans to be healthier, happier, and hopefully thinner. The new me has a plan.

I have made a chore chart that so far has shown some improvement. Catherine will still need to be pushed. She keeps losing her stuff. As in, I keep taking her stuff. Tonight she will be going to bed at 9:30. I made a budget and I plan to stick to it. (As soon as they start paying me) I joined several weight loss and exercise groups on-line and am hoping they will help me to eat better. I am sure my new career path will help me get the exercise.

As I start on my journey, I have friends and family supporting me as they did through the tough times. It is nice to have them.

As we say goodnight to 2008, I would like you to think of the promises of tomorrow, not the nightmares of the previous year. Tomorrow I will bring you a video of highlights of 2008. Tonight we look ahead. I know I am looking ahead at a bright future. Enjoy your evening and do not drink and drive. Finally, I leave you with this video, because, when all is said and done, all we really need is more cowbell.



More Cowbell - video powered by Metacafe

3 comments:

  1. well I hope that 2009 is a good year for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my most fav skits ever! "I've got a fever..." haha.

    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jimmy Fallon in that one. Even he can't help laughing.

    "You're gonna want that cowbell in there..."

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.