Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Light and Healthy

Since the beginning of the year, we have been trying to be a little healthier. I have been keeping up on my Wii Fit. I have been taking vitamins; a multi-vitamin, a calcium, and a vitamin C. I have been trying to get more regular exercise. We have been walking to the park near our house. It’s about 2 miles. The dogs have been really enjoying it. Drizella gets upset if we don’t go. Now if I could just do better with the dieting.

The kids went back to school this week. I was sort of sad to see them go. Since I don’t often have weekends off, it was nice having them home when I am. And Carolynn acts much more like a human being when she doesn’t spend all day with her loser friends.

For those of you who were wondering, our kitten is doing better. Her cold is clearing up and the vet says that was all she had. She will stay on antibiotics for another week or so. She will stay on immune booster for a few months and she will stay on the vitamins for a couple of months. The vet had her records going back to when the shelter got her. She basically spent her whole life there. Anyway, she is doing good. Carolynn may have named her Muffins, but we call her the IBK. Itty Bitty Kitty.

Today I am off. It’s nice when I get days off. Last week I worked two 16 hour days. Tonight we have plans to eat healthy snacks and play Cranium. Tomorrow it’s back to work. I work 6am to 2pm until Saturday, the 8am to 4pm next week. The week after that I work 7:30am to 3:30pm.

I am trying to keep up with this blog. The more I work, the harder it gets. I have a few ideas for some posts in my head and I will try and do better with some Wordless Wednesday or some Thursday 13. Maybe I will try a few new videos. I used to write everyday. Now I go a week or more sometimes. At least I am not the only one who is slacking in blogs lately. (Trisha, Pam… You know who you are.)

Until then…

2 comments:

  1. yeah..I'm guilty. *blush*

    way to go with the healthy eating. I've seen your updates about Wii Fit and that's great. We have one but I haven't touched it in so long. I've been trying to get back into the gym routine but since it's been so cold here, I just want to go home and get under some warm blankets. I am back to counting WW points though.

    So glad to hear that kitty is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez. Flog me for not updating regularly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.