Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Take A Deep Breath And A Leap Of Faith

"Attending church makes you no more a Christian...than standing in a garage makes you a car."

I borrowed that from the Facebook page of a guy I work with. He is a sweet guy and very funny. I have only had the pleasure of working with him a few times however.

But it got me thinking...

I don't think God planned for me to go to church. I don't.

I am almost 34. It's hard to admit I am that old, but there it is. And in my 34 years, I have learned a few things about myself and life. And after some serious consideration I have come to the conclusion that God has a specific plan for me. Oh sure, He has dealt me a few whoppers. But in the end He has always given me the tools to deal and I have always come out better than when I began.

Church is okay. Some people really need it. They need that constant reminder to be good people. They need that feeling that they gave to God that week. And that is cool for them. Really it is. I respect that.

But for me, I am sure God has a different plan.

To be a good mother.
To be a good friend.
To be a good correctional officer.

And I am.

Therefore I don't spend my Sunday's at church. I usually work. (By my working, someone who needs that church fix, can get that day off and enjoy.) I cook for my family. I deliver random treats to my Aunts. I send cards to friends for no reason other than because I was thinking of them. I invite them for dinner. I take treats to work for the other officers when we have bad days. I give inmates what they have coming. I think that is doing God's work. I am sure God would be glad I spent time with family and friends really enjoying His gifts rather than sitting in a church full of strangers being told what to believe.

I don't let things bother me. I smile. I enjoy life.

Breathe.

It's going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.