Friday, July 01, 2011

Half Of A Decade

5 years ago at this time, I had just moved into my first apartment after my divorce. Now, I am looking to buy my first home.

5 years ago at this time, I had just started what I thought was a fabulous job at a basket importing company. No benefits, low pay. Jerk boss. Not the glamorous job I had envisioned. Now, I have just completed two and a half years as a federal correctional officer and that basket importing business is no longer.

5 years ago at this time, Carolynn was about to start the fifth grade and Catherine was about to start the second. Carolynn will be a high school sophomore in the fall and Catherine begins the seventh grade, and home school. Home school is not anything I ever thought we would be doing.

5 years ago, David was a friend who was helping me out while I was getting on my feet and he was finding his way. Now he is my best friend and future husband who helps me to raise my girls up right while going to college and keeping me sane. Frankly, I think he has the hardest job.

5 years ago today, I started this blog.

3 years ago today, we moved from San Diego to the High Desert. Crazy. It doesn't feel like 3 years. It feels like I have been here forever.

Anyways, here's to 5 years of our craziness. And to 5 more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.