Thursday, November 10, 2011

We're Related

I have a lot of cousins. I mean a lot. Sometimes I can't keep up with how many there are. On my mom's side I have two cousins. But there is a huge age difference. The first one didn't come along until I was 16. We are not close. I couldn't even tell you where they lived. On my dad's side, I have more cousins than I can count. My parent's divorced when I was almost 7. Before that I spent lots of time with them. After the divorce, I didn't see them again.

But that was before.



Now, I have almost daily contact with cousins. I see them on Facebook. We chat and share (or steal) pictures. I am playing in a fantasy football league my dad started with several of them.




Sometimes I am jealous that they are all close and spent lots of time together. Or even the fact that they all know who they are. Especially since I have always lived near them. A lot of my cousins live right here in Southern California. But I am glad I know them now.


I always wanted a big family. I guess I always had one. Too bad I never knew it. And there are more than I even pictured here. How awesome is that??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.