Friday, August 17, 2012

And I Am Not Even Blonde

It all started one Tuesday morning. I am always off on Tuesday and Wednesday. But our dog Drizella thinks that she needs to get up when the sun comes up.

No. Not on my day off. It's 6 am. She is whining to go out.

So I sit up to yell at her to shut up.

And the room is spinning. Whoa. I must have sat up too fast. So I lie back down to wait until it stops. I doze on and off until 9 am waiting until it stops. It never does. Eventually I try and get up to go pee. I fall onto the bed. David gets up to help me. It is awful. It's spinning and spinning....

So I call the midwives office. She thinks it may be anemia. She tells me to take an iron pill and drink some water. Then take a nap. I should feel better later she says.

I do what she says. I take the pill, I drink water, I sleep until noon.

And I feel a bit better. Still woozy, but at least I can walk. David takes me out for some tacos. I watch TV. And later than night...

It's back. The dizzy. So dizzy I throw up. And it continues all night and into Wednesday. So I call the midwives office again. Now maybe she thinks it is the flu or even just dehydration. She says get lots of rest, drink plenty of liquids. If I can't keep anything down for 24 hours, come in.

So I sleep. I drink. I finally keep down some toast. But the dizzy never stops. I wobble around the house. This continues...

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...

Finally on Monday they run a bunch of tests.... No dehydration, no infections, no anemia... nothing...

The dizzy continued....

Tuesday, Wednesday...

Finally I go back to work on Thursday. Still a bit wobbly, but slowly getting better. By Saturday it was mostly gone.

Two weeks almost of being dizzy.

Why?

Who knows?

Just over a week until the due date.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.