Thursday, November 08, 2012

Gag Reflex

I have serious issues with oatmeal. Just the smell of plain oatmeal cooking makes me gag. The flavored kind is easier to take since it tends to smell like cookies. But I don't eat oatmeal. No way. Not a chance. Just ask my sister's mom. It just isn't happening.

Earlier this week, I took the baby to the doctor and he says she isn't gaining weight and I should give her formula. However, after some research, I decided not to do that. However, I began looking at ways to increase breast milk production.

The baby seems fine and dandy to me. But if she needs more food she can have it.

Online and through friend recommendations I found that oatmeal can do a lot to increase breast milk production.

Oh the dreaded oatmeal.

But I will do anything for my baby.

So yesterday, I choked down a bowl of apples and cinnamon oatmeal. I gagged a bit and drank a lot of water, but I did it. For Michelle.

Today I choked down a bowl of cinnamon and spice oatmeal. It went down a lot easier. But still required water to make it go.

The things I am willing to do for this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.