I am really going to try to do this more this year. The baby is growing up so fast and there is so much I want to document. I got this from a blogging buddy and I thought it would be a good way to start the year.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before?
We went to Yosemite. It was so beautiful. Also, I never had been pregnant in a prison before. That was a new experience. Finally, I had never had to have a pet put to sleep before. Our cat Betty had a liver disease. It was so sad.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make some for 2013?
I don't think I made any. Last year at New Year's I had a terrible flu that just wouldn't go away. I found out I was pregnant the day after New Year's. So I guess I resolved to have a baby in 2012. So... Mission Accomplished!
For 2013, I am going to try and lose this baby fat. I will try and exercise more and eat better.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ummmmm..... How about me? Ha ha ha! Michelle was born in 2012, Year of the Dragon. Also, several of my co-workers had babies. And 2013 is bringing more! My sister and my cousin Wendy are currently expecting babies this spring. Also, more of my co-workers. Well, one I can think of who should be popping any day. And my friend Karen. She is also due very soon.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Grandpa passed away in the spring. I am sure he missed my Grandma and his health was bad. So it was hard to be sad about it. I have all the memories. And I don't believe he isn't still here. He and my Grandma and my other Grandparents are with me all the time.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ummm.... This one. That is it. I didn't even leave the state. Sad. Carolynn and Catherine went to Nevada to visit their dad for the first time in August. David went to Texas for his brother's wedding in October.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn't have in 2012?
More money and more time off. And a kitchen table.
7. What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory and why?
September 5- Michelle's birthday!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Michelle. Also moving to the new house. That was a chore. And getting my brother to text me. Also, a chore. Now, if I could get him to talk to me....
9. What was you biggest failure?
As always, diet and exercise. I suck at that. Also, saving money. I suck at that too.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, nine long pregnant months was no picnic. And the 2 weeks of vertigo toward the end there was awesome. But it was all worth it and I would do it again. (But just one more time, and not today.) Other than that, we had a pretty healthy year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
David's car. All the baby stuff. Carolynn got a new bedroom set.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
David. He survived me pregnant. Lived through labor. Barely. And is a great dad. I knew he would be. Just look at Carolynn and Catherine.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Politicians and the cast of Jersey Shore
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving to the new house. Wasted on eating out too much.
15. What did you get excited about?
The baby. My baby shower. It was so cool seeing that much of my family.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Michelle by The Beatles
17. Compared to this time last year, are you a) Happier or Sadder? b) Thinner or Fatter c) Richer or Poorer?
A- Happier. New baby, great family, good job. What is there to be sad about?
B- Slightly thinner. Shocking, I know. Not thin enough though.
C- About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Again.... Diet, exercise, and saving. Also, walking the dogs or taking them to the dog park. Spending more time with the teenagers before they leave me like jerks.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spend. Eat out. Worrying.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I actually had the day off! We had planned on getting up and baking cookies and making a ham. However, we woke up to a broken oven. So we made spaghetti instead. Carolynn got a new sewing machine and spent the day making pajama pants for herself and the baby. Super cute. Catherine got a new computer. We may never see her again. The baby had a good time. She liked the excitement.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Classic Simpson's. Friends reruns. Food Network and the History Channel. Disney Jr.
22. What was the best book you read?
What To Expect While You're Expecting
23. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby and a new house
24. What did you want and not get?
A baby boy... Not that I want to trade in Michelle. Also, a new car. I kind of want a mini van. I am such a mom.
25. What was your favorite film of 2012?
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 35. I probably worked. Ugh.
27. What one thing would have made your year immensely more satisfying?
Winning the lottery
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012?
Can you say maternity clothes? And nursing tops?
29. What kept you sane?
David. He is a trooper.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Babies happen. It is okay to not worry. And I have been off my anxiety medicine for a whole year. Everything will work out.
The Toffee’s First Easter
1 week ago