Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Meme

This usually appears on Trisha's page, but she wasn't in the mood for it today. So being the friend I am, I am covering it for her.

The Thursday Meme courtesy of Booking Through Thursday.

Sometimes I find eccentric characters quirky and fun, other times I find them too unbelievable and annoying. What are some of the more outrageous characters you’ve read, and how do you feel about them?


Well, I think probably the most outrageous character I can think of this minute would be Cee Cee Bloom from Beaches by Iris Ranier Dart. One of my favorite books of all times, Cee Cee in the book is nothing like the movie... she's a druggie and a slut and a horrible person, but in the end she is a wonderful lovable character. She is even more so in the sequel, I'll Be There. Then there are other books where the people just annoy me. In our online book group, Readers Anonymous, we just read Happiness Sold Separately by Lolly Winston and I found all the characters in the book to be annoying and stupid. Cee Cee is outrageous and over the top, but I enjoyed it. The people is Happiness were more real and regular, but they annoyed me. I guess it just depends on the book.

**********


I am so glad I don't do this every week. Seriously, I had to think about it and everything.

4 comments:

  1. So I hope that your friend is OK. I sure hope it is not snowing in North carolina. I know she is not a fan of the white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the meme not being on my blog this week. I find it funny that you don't like posts that you have to think about.

    And I think anonymous there is your mom, correct? Thanks for the concern. I'm ok and it's not snowing. It's chilly, gloomy, and stuff, but no snow. I'm just in a mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I usually just write what I feel like. This was like homework.

    And yes, that was my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well people recognize me everywhere I go...You can look at the weather in Vermont or Michigan and then you will cheer up because you are not there.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.