Thursday, April 03, 2008

Nagging In A Nutshell

I know, I haven’t been writing like I used to. After my vacation, I got back to work and had a lot of catching up to do. By the time I got that caught up, March was over. That means a month end and a quarter ends. So I was busy again. Now I am all caught up at work. Also, Spring Break ended and I got three big projects for school, one in each class. On top of that I have regular life and the kids and everything, so I guess I have been slacking here.

Maybe it’s not me… maybe it’s you folks with nothing better to do than to read my little ol’ blog.

I am not the only one who has been slacking either. Carolynn finished another book she hasn’t reviewed yet. She also took a bunch of cool trips over spring break she hasn’t written about that yet either. Not to mention, she is having a birthday soon and it planning a fancy tea. Catherine finished a book to review last night and began a new one. I haven’t been keeping up with my good and bad reports, but Catherine has been pretty even over all… not too bad, but not that good either. She popped the lens out of her glasses and I almost had a heart attack, but it didn’t break and was quickly fixed. I noticed Trisha’s blog hasn’t been as frequently updated. But she has been sick and she too has a life. She just yesterday uploaded some of her vacation pictures. I know I promised a vacation video. It’s coming soon. I promise. By the end of this weekend you will be able to have a video of our chick vacation.

Someone who has been blogging regularly, my mom! Yep, she started a blog and it’s pretty good too. Be sure and stop by and leave her a comment. She has been writing about baseball. My parents and Grandpa are huge baseball fans. My grandpa is a huge fan of any sport really.

I gave up writing about American Idol. Carolynn and I just weren’t into it this year. There is not anyone we really liked. They are all pretty good, but nothing so special we feel compelled to watch and vote.

I have been watching a few movies lately. Recently I got No Reservations on DVD. I enjoyed it. It’s a chick flick for sure. David got I Am Legend on DVD for Easter. I thought the movie was pretty good, but I felt like something was left out. It made me want to read the book to see if it is in there. I added it to my ever growing list of books to read. I wonder if they have a book delivery service like Netflix for books. If not, I should start one. They have one for video games like that I know. Carolynn got Enchanted for Easter. She and I saw that one at the theaters with Aunt Paveena. Catherine and David watched it for the first time. Catherine enjoyed it. David said it was cheesy. I agree. I got Across the Universe on DVD, but I have not watched it yet. Tuesday we got Sweeney Todd on DVD. Carolynn loved it. She said it is her second favorite movie (first being Hairspray). I liked it, but it was very bloody. Anyone who has seen the stage play knows the songs, but when there is killing it is done mostly off stage or in the dark. It scared Catherine.

This weekend, we plan to continue to clean out the apartment and make a donation to Goodwill. This is in preparation of our upcoming move at the end of June. I want to move only the good stuff. I don’t want to move crap we don’t need. Moving is expensive as it is without the added junk.

Speaking of expense… If anyone has cheap easy meals we could try, send them our way. I get sick of the same old stuff. But I don’t want to get too fancy because I am trying to save for the big move. I turned my Easter ham into 5 dinners… Easter dinner, ham sandwiches, au gratin potatoes with ham, a ham and egg casserole, and I used the bone to make a navy bean soup.

Okay people, that is my life in a nutshell. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I saw I am Legend at the new movies in Apple Valley, with Mike and Grandpa. There were a couple of times I jumped right out of the seat. It was pretty good but I am sure some of it was left out from the book. No doubt more about everyone dying off. The movie kind of gave us the condensed version.
    I have only been doing this blog thing for a little while, and you gave me some good ideas so I have had stuff to write about. I was talking to my dad about going to a ballgame and he sugested the 66ers or the Quakes. And I thought what a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.