Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dreaming Of A Job

Like I mentioned yesterday, I am not sleeping very well. If I drift off I end up having these strange dreams. Jo Anna thinks they reflect my serious stress and worry. I just think they are so weird. You decide.

********************


I am at Jo Anna's house. She is so mad because her whole carpet is covered with cereal and she is sure my kids have done it. I am trying to argue with her because I don't understand how my kids could have done it and what's more, I don't see any cereal. She tells me I have to vacuum it all up. So I start vacuuming her house and I wake up her roommate (who I never met and is just a faceless woman in a white nightgown) and she starts yelling at me. Then I wake up.

********************


There is a baby asleep on my bed. I start yelling for David. I ask him where the baby came from. He looks at me like I am nuts and he says it is my baby. I am yelling and yelling at him because it is not my baby. I can't have a baby. I wasn't even pregnant. But he won't listen. So I tell him to go to the store and get me a car seat so I can take this baby where she belongs. He comes back with a walker. I start yelling again. How can you mistake a walker with a car seat? And he didn't even have enough sense to bring diapers or formula! He opens my closet and it is full of Pampers. He tells me I don't need formula because I have boobs! So now I am yelling that only works if is were my baby and it's not and he is yelling back that yes it is. That is when I woke up.

********************


I am in downtown San Diego, right at Seaport Village. I am there with Trisha's husband Casey. I am yelling at him because I have just caught him cheating on Trisha with Kellie Pickler. But there is no time to yell because on a TV I see that there are fires everywhere like there were last October. I realize that fires are surrounding where I know Trisha, her girls and my girls are. I start crying that I have to get there, but all Casey wants to do is talk about Kellie. Police won't let me leave. I am hysterical. Then I wake up.

********************


I am moving out of this apartment, but I am moving into my Grandpa's old trailer. Apparently, everyone lives in this trailer; my parents, my grandparents, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my sister and Chris, my brother, me, the girls and David. But that wasn't all... There were also random relatives from other sides of my family that I haven't seen in a million years. I start arguing with a long lost uncle in a garbage truck. I need to mail a slab of cement. I can't. I lost some keys. My grandma, who in my dream is young, is mad because there are so many people and everyone is so messy. She is telling me I have to help her control this zoo. She keeps saying it's a zoo. All I want to do is mail. Then I wake up.

********************


That wasn't even all of them. Those just happened to be the most vivid, most memorable ones I have had recently. I know, I am nuts. If I just had a new job, I could relax and have normal dreams where no one sleeps with second rate country stars, random relatives turn into a zoo, I don't have to vacuum invisible cereal and I don't have babies that aren't mine.

11 comments:

  1. i had a similar baby dream the other night. if you ever start yearning for a baby boy just let me know and you can borrow joey for a little bit to cure your desire ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was having strange dreams. Mine don't even compare with these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather- At least I am not the only one having strange baby dreams.

    Eve- I am glad I made you feel better about your strange dreams. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be able to sleep either if these kinda dreams were what I had to look forward to. The one with me and mine in it made me laugh. Casey doesn't even like Kellie Pickler and like he'd have a chance in hell if he did, lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, they are funny now that I am awake. When I wake up all sweaty and hysterical and unable to go back to sleep... not so funny.

    But yeah, Casey and Kellie Pickler... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read about dreams! I'm no expert but what I got from them was that in each of them all responsibility was being placed upon you.

    I have bizzare dreams quite often and at one time I started writing them down in a journal. It's weird goingh back and reading soem of that stuff..It's like WTH!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That could be Pam. As each day passes where I didn't get a new job, the stranger my dreams get.

    I had a dream last night that everything was covered in dishgardens and I had to go around carefully not to step on them. I was trying to get somewhere. I don't remember where. I just remember I couldn't move the dishgardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very strange person, you will get a job soon, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I am so strange. If I am going to get that job and you just know it... can you give me a hint so I can get some sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are dreaming you are sleeping at least long enough to have a wierd dream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had strange dream lately too! I never remember my dreams but lately I have. I guess everyone is a little stressed out.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.