Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wordless Wednessday #10




Picture Credit- Jim Wilson/The New York Times


Del Martin, seated, and Phyllis Lyon were the first same-sex couple in San Francisco to exchange wedding vows on Monday. Mayor Gavin Newsom, left, presided.

Okay, so this Wednesday is nearly wordless...

This is a history making event. I am not saying I want to be a lesbian or anything, but what I am saying is that these women as well as countless other gay and lesbian people have waited a long time and endured a lot of terrible stuff just to be allowed to do what my sister did without telling us when she felt like it.

In the immortal words of Marge Simpson... "As long as two people are in love, I don’t care if they have the same hoo-hoo or haa-haa." "Just because you're a lesbian doesn't make you less of a being."

10 comments:

  1. Me likes and I don't mind that you had words, lol. You should hear my theory on homosexuality. It's a doozy. I think that picture is great though and it's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything you don't have a theory on? LOL

    Sometimes I wonder if lesbians have it easier since they don't have to deal with men. lol

    Not that I want to find out... I would rather endure the men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Nope. I'm pretty opinionated. And honestly, I don't know if being a lesbian would be better or worse when it comes to relationship issues. Have you ever seen The L Word? Makes you realize that women bring WAY more drama than men but men are just disgusting. I think it'd be a trade off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the mayor is quite dreamy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Marge Simpson quote. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I hadn't even looked at him. lol

    And yes, he certainly isn't bad looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marge Simpson is a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shot, and who doesn't love Marge Simpson.

    Hoo-hoos, ha-has, ho-hos...whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess now California will fall into the sea. :-) It's about time! I always shook my head at how people who objected in the name of "saving marriage" were the same people who so easily cheated and divorced. By the way, that one woman looks a lot like Miss Lillian Carter, don't ya think :-) Thanks for stopping by Spatter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marge has a way with words... LOL

    I am happy for the couple and what a great thing to happen in their lifetime.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.