Saturday, November 01, 2008

November Has Arrived

And with it has arrived my second year at NaBloPoMo. (National Blog Posting Month) That’s right come wind, rain or shine… Come hell or high water… Come new job or my moving into a cardboard box behind K-Mart… I vow there will be a post here everyday for the entire month of November. I am not the only one I know taking up this challenge either. My mom is giving it a go. So is Trish. She and I did it last year. That is how I met Eve, who is taking the plunge with it this year. Forgetfulone, one of my favorite bloggers from my book group is taking on the whole month. So is Pam at 30something. I met Lotus at Sarcastic Mom on NaBloPoMo last time, but I am not sure she is going for a two in a row. I asked Carolynn if she wanted to give it a go, but she is too afraid she won’t have anything to post everyday or she’ll forget.
***ADD- I just saw another blogger buddy on the November Blogroll for NaBloPoMo, MuchaCostaRica, but she didn't mention it in her blog and I couldn't find her profile on NaBloPoMo.

November blew in a new blog design too. David designed it for me. I like it a lot. He designed one for Carolynn to that he drew himself (digitally of course). I really like hers too. You’ll have to check it out. He is doing one for Catherine too. He is very handy with a computer. Tuesday he will be 21. Blackjack! Ha! Ha!

We took the Halloween decorations down today and put up the Thanksgiving stuff. I do not have nearly as many Thanksgiving things. It looks very fall-like now. I guess someone must have informed Mother Nature that fall was here because it has been chilly and raining all day. It hardly ever rains like this here. David taught Catherine to cook scrambled eggs and she made eggs for everyone for lunch. My mom came by this afternoon and we went around to some places so I could drop some resume’s. We went to a coffee shop called It’s A Grind. It was a cute little shop and internet café. Their coffee was cheaper than the Starbuck’s across the street and my mom said it tasted better too. The girl at the shop, Kymberly, suggested we try the white chocolate mocha, so we did. I am not a real coffee fan, I usually prefer tea (which they had) but this one was good. I would have to agree with my mom, I never tried a coffee from Starbucks I liked before. They also had hot chocolates and caramel apple cider. I could work there. There was another, similar coffee shop I left a resume at called One Of Life’s Perks. It was cute too.

That’s it for my first day of NaBloPoMo. It will be a fun month.

7 comments:

  1. Yup. NaBloPoMo again. It's all good. I have plenty to rant and rave about so I should be able to keep up no problem.

    The coffee places sound neat. I'm a Starbucks fan but I've never actually tried coffee from anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starbucks has great iced tea. But I never really cared for coffee. The one I had today was good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee on a rainy day is a great Idea.......they have hot tea and all kinds of coffee. They were pretty busy so perhaps they could use some help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your new design. Has David looked for work where they need a computer person? Seems like he's got a lot to offer.

    Glad to see you're up for NaBloPoMo again. If I hadn't been involved last year I probably wouldn't be blogging at all. The last couple months I've been pretty quiet - I needed this challenge to get me going again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem with David and computers is that he has no "real" training. He just is kind of self taught by doing research and trial and error. His dad taught him some too. Most computer type jobs want people with training in the matter. But I love his design and Carolynn's and I am about to put up the one he made for Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoorray! Glad you are joining in this month!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.