Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Officer Of The Lolz

As most of you know, I like my job. Despite the insanity, the scariness, the fact that I work in a prison… I absolutely love my job. People seem to have noticed. Other staff and inmates as well, have commented on the fact that I am always at work, positive and smiling every day. I guess it paid off. I got my second evaluation today. I got some high marks. From what I understand… quite unheard of for a rookie. When I took this job, I wasn’t sure I could do it. I wasn’t sure I’d like it. I wasn’t sure I would be good at it. But here it has been 7 months and I couldn’t have been more wrong. Just call me Officer Jennifer. (Of course at work… people call me Spin City, Sunshine, and today a lieutenant said he was going to call me Spinach.)

Anyway, school starts on Monday. I know it sounds like it’s way too early, but they get several weeks off in October. The kids are looking forward to getting back to school. I think my sister went back to Hawaii today. Too bad I had to work the whole time.

So I took the car to the tire shop today. Remember I got a flat last week. I finally had time to take it to the shop, while it was open… Anyways, turns out the tire was fine, but my rim was bent. One of us must have hit a pot hole or something. So I got a new rim. Nope it doesn’t match. I now have three different rims on my car. (Some certain ex-husband hit a chair on the freeway and poked a whole through one several years ago and so I already had one that didn’t match.) So what? My new one is the same size and silver, with a lifetime guarantee in case it gets bent again. It makes my car unique.

Tomorrow is another concert in the park. You know, I remember that last summer the concerts were better. I am hoping that tomorrow’s concert will be good. It is a classic rock band. Last week was so terrible. I’ll let you know.

Finally, today is my friend Heather's birthday. She is in Iowa celebrating with her family. I hope she is having a good day.

1 comment:

  1. well that makes sense now that they get an extended amount of time off in October from school. Some schools here are starting to give longer fall breaks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.