Thursday, July 07, 2011

Fitocracy Rules!

I'll admit it, I am not thin. I have seen a scale. The scale barely survived. I get it. I need to eat better and exercise. I know this. You know this. And yet, here I sit, at this computer, because like many people I know, I can't seem to put it down.

What if I miss some important Tweet or Facebook update?

The hidden objects in Gardens Of Time won't find themselves.

And Pogo would miss me.

And my iPad... the little villagers in Trade Nations can't go on without me and the fruit needs to be sliced ninja style.

And how could I go on with my life without playing Words with Friends and Hanging With Friends?

And xbox and Playstation and Wii....

Okay.

You get it. And you do it too. It's probably you who is playing Words With Friends and Gardens Of Time with me.

So what are we going to do about this?

Get fatter?

I say no.

Let us combine our silly computer games and exercise.

Welcome to the Fitocracy.

Fitocracy is this fabulous new social media game that forces you to work out to level up. It inspires you with fun quests to try new things. David, the girls, and I have been playing it for a little while now.

And you know what... We feel better! Serious. David lost 7lbs in a month or so. My pants are looser and people at my work have said I have been looking thinner.

We have been having so much fun with this. We have been walking the dogs more. Going to the park more. We even spent some time at the park playing Frisbee with the dogs just to complete a quest.

Fitocracy is the reason David wanted this
for Father's Day and we have all been using it. Even Catherine can bench 20lbs. Yesterday, to try and complete a quest, David and I went out to specifically try to jog a mile is less than 10 minutes. And I have been doing crunches until my abs hurt to try and finish a quest to do 50 crunches in one set. I haven't managed it yet. But I am getting closer.

Because of the Fitocracy, I spent an afternoon in the park playing soccer with Catherine. David did it on another afternoon and little kids in the park joined in on the fun. And David and I have even gone to evening lap swim at the pool with Carolynn and attempted to swim laps. Carolynn smoked us, but we tried it.

Thanks to Fitocracy, my Wii Fit, which has been collecting dust in the closet, has been brought back out. And everyone has been enjoying it.

So, how about you join us? Put down the lap tops. Get your hand off the mouse. Turn off that Call Of Duty.

Fitocracy is still in beta testing, so you'll need an invite.

And guess what... I have plenty of them!

Just click on this link here and join in. Add me as a friend, user name JenCaSea. We can encourage each other to get up and move. If you have trouble getting this link to work, send me an email jencasea@gmail.com and I will send you a personal invite. Also, if we are Facebook friends or Twitter followers, look for the invites there as well.

Come on.

Do it.

Do it now.

Why are you still here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.