Saturday, August 06, 2011

Related

Last week my sister and her family came to visit. It was so much fun.

But let me back up a bit there first.

You probably knew, if you'd been reading this long enough, that I have a sister. Sure. I used to mention a sister pretty often. This one. Sarah. Here she is with my nephew Nathan.
Last time I mentioned her was July 2010.

Yeah, so Sarah and I do not get a long well. Oh, you figured that out.

Anyway, we never were close. She is 11 years younger than me. We have the same mom, but different dads. We have seriously different opinions on many subjects. Anyway, by her choice, she cut me out of her life. And I am pretty okay with her choice.

So anyway, back to last weeks visit.

I have a second sister. Nikki. She found me on Facebook. It's impossible to hide on Facebook. Anyways, if you will recall from this post full of embarrassing pictures... We hadn't see each other since she was 2. She is 24 now.

Needless to say, it had been a long time.

So she arrived on Wednesday with her husband, Junior, and her daughter, my 1 year old niece, Carter.
(Who is arguably the cutest baby niece any one ever had.) We hung out. We played some Dance Central. We had some spaghetti.
My brother, who is incidentally also her brother, came over and brought the family. I was finally able to give Allison her birthday present and I got to spend some time with Nathan.

Here we all are together, my brother Joe, Nikki and Me.


I tried to get a picture of all the cousins. Carter was good to go, but Nathan was not looking.


So I tried again. This time Nathan is looking but Carter was done. Also, Gibby joined this one.


**********************************


On Thursday, we all went down to Palm Springs and went to Knott's Soak City. Carolynn and Catherine went on slides all day. David got quite the sunburn. Even Carter went down a little slide.




Then we went to dinner at a cute little diner in Palm Springs.



After that, we left them there in Palm Springs so they could head back to Texas.

It was so much fun. We should seriously get together more than once every 20 years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.