Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sleeping On My Death Bed

On the day my sister arrived, I woke up with what I thought was a cold. My nose was stuffed. My throat was scratchy. I felt pretty gross.

I was so mad.

So I told that sickness to go away. I decided to exercise it out. I went to the park and walked a few miles. I loaded up on vitamins and orange juice. There was no way I was going to be sick when my sister was visiting. I had great day.

David brought me plenty of tissue and that night I took some TheraFlu and went to bed early. I was sure I won.

The next day, we went to the water park. I thought I felt better. But by the end of the day my head was so stuffed. David had to drive us home. I switched to Nyquil and went to bed. It was just a cold.

I went to work that Friday and Saturday. But by Saturday I was a mess. I couldn't stop coughing. I felt so bad for the coworker stuck in there with me. He has two small daughters and a pregnant wife. I spent a lot of the time wiping everything down with disinfectant wipes.

Finally, I gave up. I called in sick for Sunday. I figured a ton of Nyquill and vitamins and a lot of sleep was all I needed to finally beat this thing.

On Monday morning, I got up and went to work.

Bad idea. I was a mess still. They sent me home.

On Tuesday, I called in sick again. It was offical. I had bronchitis.

Sweet.

I slept all day Tuesday. Most of Wednesday. And parts of Thursday.

Here we are back to Sunday. I am at about 90%. Just a little cough and just a little stuffed. I still get tired easy. But I made it through a couple of days of work.

Next time I think I got a little cold I am just going to check my self into the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.