Saturday, December 10, 2011

Away In A Manger

I finished reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. I loved it. I loved the way the people were portrayed. She did amazing research. The story was of a veterinarian. His parents are killed in a tragic car accident and he accidentally, in his despair, hops a circus train. With no better options, he stays. The man who operates the circus is evil. The man who is in charge of the animals is a nut. He falls for the animal guy's wife, a circus performer. It's a little predictable, but still good. The whole story is told from the vet's point of view as he is an old man in a nursing home and a circus comes to town there causing his to think about this. It goes back and forth between the old guy at the nursing home and his memories of the circus.

I have seen the previews for the movie they made of this book, and I just don't get how they got that movie from that book. Doesn't make sense to me. I guess I will have to watch it and see.

Speaking of books into movies...

I watched the movie P.S. I Love You. I liked the book, but the movie was lame. They made too many changes.

Also, I gave up on A Game of Thrones. I made it half way... I just couldn't get into it. David read the whole series and loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.