Saturday, December 17, 2011

You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch

On Tuesday night, I was feeling kind of sick. I stayed on the couch and refused to move for fear of the imminent tossing of my cookies. I went to bed early and I slept until 2 Wednesday afternoon. When I got up, I thought I was better. So I went to work, despite David's objections. (Who uses sick days for actual sick?) Of course, by 6 I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. I couldn't understand why I felt so tired. And no food sounded good. When I got off work at midnight, I went right to bed.

I had to get up early on Thursday. The girls had to be at school before 8:00 am. I felt okay. I went to the school. I bought a donut from Carolynn's class fundraiser. Then I came home and went right back to bed. I got up just in time to go to work. Against David's wishes....

Yesterday, I slept in and was really feeling better. So I made us a nice lunch of pasta and garlic bread. Then off to work I went.

Bad idea.

Even the inmates kept saying I didn't look too good. I was all flushed. It felt so hot in there. Inmates were all bundled up complaining of the cold. I felt like death. The thought of garlic bread was making me feel like I might have to see it again.

So today I finally said no, I am staying home and resting.

I still feel tired. All food still sounds like a bad idea. I had some toast.

Stupid.

*************************

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled and shouted, and called them by name:
Now, Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donder and Blitzen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.