Saturday, January 24, 2015

S-M-R-T

Why are they called wisdom teeth? Are they supposed to make you smarter?

A few weeks ago, right around New Year’s I got this horrible toothache. A friend at work gave me a Tootsie Pop one night and I figured I must have done something. Maybe I bit it wrong. Maybe the tootsie roll part pulled a filling out. I didn’t know. I just knew it hurt.

So I went to the dentist.

My teeth were fine. No broken ones. No missing fillings. But my wisdom tooth had an infection underneath it and they is where the nerves sit. So the dentist suggested I have my wisdom teeth removed.

I had three. Usually you have 4 but I had to be different. 2 on the bottom and one on top.

This week I had them removed.

My mouth hurt so much.

The top one I didn’t even realize he took it out. One of the bottom ones were easy too. It was that one, the one that had been infected.

It still hurts.

It’s been days.

I couldn’t eat anything. Only cold food. As much as I like ice cream, you just can’t live off of it. It was the longest 24 hours ever. When I could eat real food again. It was hard to chew and I had to take tiny bites.

Carolynn’s turn is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.